CCAO Social Media Firestorms Webinar Nov. 13
The County Commissioners Association of Ohio (CCAO) is pleased to offer a one-hour webinar on November 13 at 1:30 p.m. titled “Social Media Firestorms: How to Extinguish and Prevent the Next One.” This webinar will identify dangerous social media traps and outline the steps to keep them from damaging your public office’s reputation.
- Learn the best way to monitor for problems and limit the likelihood of another social media crisis.
- Get up to speed on the latest trends, tools and best practices in social media for elected officials.
- Learn how to handle online comments, especially the negative ones, while keeping Ohio’s public records laws in mind (often a tightrope walk for public offices).
- Learn how to deal with the public’s reaction(s) to your posts (and/or to others’ comments on your posts) especially when that reaction isn’t positive.
- Learn how to avoid future social media missteps and stop crises before they happen.
Our speaker is Mark Weaver, a crisis communications expert with three decades of experience advising clients in 25 states in major corporations and at every level of government. He counsels and trains public sector clients on crisis communications, social media, public records law and new media relations. Weaver has authored "A Wordsmith’s Work", which examines the most modern and effective strategies for crisis communications and powerful persuasion.
Click here to register for this timely educational opportunity. If you are unable to register to the link above, please email Nedra Benson, CCAO administrative professional, and provide her with your email address. Read more…